Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Potato Pancakes

I had overestimated the amount of potatoes needed for my last recipe, so I had one already-peeled potato floating in water in the refrigerator. For breakfast today I made Potato Pancakes. This recipe was satisfactory, but I have a lot of other similar recipes that might be better. I used slightly less potatoes than the recipe called for, and kept the 1 egg. So, I had to add more flour to make the better thick enough.

Potato Pancakes

1 egg
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1/4 t. onion juice
2 c. grated raw potato
flour

1. Beat the egg until light and pale yellow, add the seasoning and the grated potato.
2. Stir in flour, a tablespoon at a time, using only enough to make a thick batter.
3. Drop by spoonfuls into a frying pan containing a little hot shortening and brown slowly on both sides. Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment