Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Golden Potato Bake

Another disappointment with corn flakes. I figured that this would be a good accompanying dish for the chicken I made with corn flakes. NOT!! I will be cautious with corn flake usage in the future. But, this is not a keeper, and I don't know what I will do with the rest of these potatoes. Perhaps I could salvage them tomorrow ...

Again, it could be that I didn't get the corn flakes "crumby" enough. Also, I didn't realize that "pare" means to "peel". So, I peeled and cubed the potato, which may have made a difference to the recipe. Another thing is that I used the wrong sized pan, I used a loaf pan instead of a 9" square pan.


Golden Potato Bake

1/2 c. cornflake crumbs
1 t. salt
4-6 medium potatoes, pared
2 T butter, melted

1. Heat oven to 375ºF.
2. Mix corn flake crumbs and salt.
3. Brush potatoes with butter and coat with crumbs.
4. Arrange potatoes in an ungreased 9" x 9" x 2" baking pan.
5. Bake uncovered for 1-1 1/4 hours or until potatoes are tender. 4-6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment