Wednesday, September 30, 2009

One Dish Chicken & Rice Bake

This dish was really easy to prepare, and used everyday ingredients that most people have in their pantry. I liked it better on the first day, the second day I realized that I may not like paprika as a flavor. Thank goodness I am not Hungarian!! I won't keep this recipe, but other people will like it.

As usual I halved the recipe and made my family's tuna casserole with the remaining soup. I have to say that I liked the tuna casserole better than this chicken dish. I guess that is one way to get fish in my diet!!


One Dish Chicken & Rice Bake

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup water
3/4 c. uncooked regular long-grain rice
1/4 t. paprika
1/4 t. pepper
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

1. In 2-quart shallow baking dish mix soup, water, rice, paprika and pepper. Place chicken on rice mixture. Sprinkle with additional paprika and pepper.
2. Cover and bake at 375ºF for 45 minutes or until done. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment