Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mayoneggs

These eggs were touted (by the Best Foods recipe card) to be "something special--the smoothest, creamiest ever". That much is true, they were smooth and creamy, and if you like wet scrambled eggs, then these eggs are for you. I prefer dry eggs, and won't be keeping this recipe. I thought it was strange that they just wouldn't get hard!! The ubiquitous egg-splash-cooked-hard pieces that are almost always on the edge of my scrambled eggs were not present, which was a good thing. I don't know if it was because of the butter added to the non-stick pan (which I normally don't add), or if it was that they were cooked at medium heat (I normally cook them higher), or the mayonnaise. I will test the butter and heat theories in the future to find out!! I added some shredded cheddar cheese.

Mayoneggs

2 eggs
2 t. mayonnaise
salt and pepper
2 t. butter

1. Beat eggs, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper until well blended.
2. Melt butter in small skillet.
3. Add egg mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set. Makes 1 serving.

Variations: add snipped parsley, diced cooked potatoes, chopped green pepper, sliced mushrooms, finely chopped green chili peppers, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, curry powder, mustard, or dill.

No comments:

Post a Comment