Saturday, September 19, 2009

Spaghetti with Chicken and Asiago

This was a recipe that I couldn't resist. I like spaghetti, I like chicken, I like peas, how could it go wrong?? But, it did. I had forgotten that I don't like canned peas, not that frozen or fresh peas would have worked any better!! I can't imagine who thought this recipe up, much less put it in the chicken cookbook where I copied it from. I ended up eating it, but left the peas in the bowl, at least as many as I could. Other people might like it, but I didn't.

Spaghetti with Chicken and Asiago

2 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
3 T olive oil
1/2 t. salt
freshly ground pepper to taste
8 oz. baby peas, un-drained
1 pound spaghetti
3 T grated Asiago
1 egg, beaten

1. Saute chicken in olive oil until golden. Season with salt and generous amount of pepper.
2. Heat peas in their own liquid in saucepan. Drain liquid from peas into chicken. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add peas to chicken mixture and season with more pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes longer.
3. Cook spaghetti in boiling, salted water until just tender, following package directions, and drain. Place in heated bowl.
4. Blend cheese and egg together. Pour gradually into chicken and peas. Stir until sauce is well heated. Toss half the chicken mixture with pasta. Spoon remaining chicken sauce on top and serve. Serves 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment