Sunday, September 20, 2009

Corn Flake Cookies

I know, you are thinking "Another Corn Flake recipe!!" But, I had to use up the corn flakes I bought a couple of weeks ago and had so many disastrous recipes with. I am not doing so well with these cookie recipes. This one tastes pretty good, it sort of reminds me of a recipe I have called Crisp Cringles, basically a Rice Krispie cookie. What makes that cookie better than this is that the dough is nice and crispy, probably from the cream of tartar. I realized as I was typing the recipe up that I forgot the brown sugar and the baking powder (duh!!), perhaps that made a difference with the consistency. I won't be keeping this recipe, but other may like it.

Corn Flake Cookies

2/3 c. butter, room temperature
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 c. flaked coconut
2 c. crushed corn flakes

1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Beat butter, sugars, egg and vanilla together until creamy.
3. In separate bowl, combine flour, soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir into sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut and corn flakes.
4. Drop by teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto un-greased cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool slightly, then remove from pan onto racks to finish cooling. Makes 4 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment