Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Crispy Chicken Drumsticks

I had high hope for this recipe. After all, my favorite part of my family's tuna casserole was the corn flake topping!! I was quite disappointed at how the corn flakes worked, or didn't work as the case may be, as a coating for chicken. Perhaps I didn't make the corn flakes "crumby" enough? This is definitely not a keeper recipe.

I used some chicken tenderloins for this recipe, and as usual I needed more of the coating than the recipe called for. I also had to research what "boiled salad dressing" is. Apparently I don't know this because I was raised in the West!! I just used mayonnaise as the base for this recipe.


Crispy Chicken Drumsticks

1 c. corn flake crumbs
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
3-4 lb. chicken legs
1 c. boiled salad dressing or mayonnaise

1. Combine crumbs, cheese, and a light sprinkling of salt and pepper.
2. Coat chicken with salad dressing and dip each piece in the crumb mixture.
3. Bake in a shallow pan for 1 hour at 350ºF. Serves 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment