Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Peanut Brittle Cookies

This recipe was pretty good. I have some other recipes for something called Cookie Brittle which is similar, but this had peanuts in it. I should have used a larger pan so that the inside would have cooked longer. I quartered the recipe and used cocktail peanuts instead of dry roasted, and cut down the salt. I just realized that the recipe called for self-rising flour, I used all-purpose, so that may have affected the consistency of these bars. Also, I added the peanuts to the mix instead of sprinkling them on top. It's amazing that these bars came out at all with all the changes I inadvertently made!!


Peanut Brittle Cookies

1 c. butter
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
2 c. self-rising flour
6 oz. chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped roasted peanuts

1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Blend butter, salt, and vanilla. Add brown sugar and blend. Add flour and chocolate chips.
3. Press mixture into a greased and floured 15" x 10" x 1" pan. Sprinkle with peanuts.
4. Bake 25 minutes. Cool and cut into bars or break into chunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment