Wednesday, April 28, 2010

White Chocolate-Almond Blondies

The same thing happened with these blondies as with the brownies the other day. I baked them in a glass pan half the size of the original recipe, this time I actually measured the pan against the larger one to make sure. After I finished cooking and cooling them, I tried to get them out of the pan and the edges were done but not the insides. So, I scraped away the doughy insides and placed it in another baking pan. I wonder if it is because of the glass pan? I just have to make sure that I don't go taller than about 3/4" of dough in the pan for future batches of brownies. I loved the flavor of this recipe, so I will keep this recipe.

White Chocolate-Almond Blondies

2 c. flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
2/3 c. butter
1 1/2 t. instant coffee
2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. whole natural almonds, coarsely chopped and toasted
1 c. white chocolate morsels

1. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add coffee granules, stirring until dissolved. Remove from heat. Add brown sugar and eggs, stir well. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Add almonds and white chocolate morsels, stirring well.
3. Spread batter in a lightly greased 13" x 9" x 2" pan. Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Makes 2 1/2 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment