Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Quick Scotch Bars

This was a strange recipe. Basically you mix a ton of sugar and butter with some oats and bake it. The optional chocolate topping was necessary in my mind. The result was a brown sugary bar, almost like candy. I really can't keep this extremely sweet dessert recipe, though!! I can't even imagine a scenario where anyone but me would like this. I was afraid it wouldn't hold together, but it set up fine after cooling well. I can't believe I am saying this, but this bar is WAY TOO SWEET!!

Note: Later, since I didn't want to waste it, I crumbled these bars over ice cream and it was yummy. Sort of caramel flavored.

Quick Scotch-Teas

1 c. butter, softened
2 c. brown sugar
4 c. quick-cooking oats
1/2 t. salt
2 t. baking powder
chocolate chips, optional

1. Combine butter and brown sugar in saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring, until melted. Remove from heat.
2. Blend in oats, salt, and baking powder, mixing well.
3. Pour into greased 13" x 9" x 2" baking pan. Bake at 350ºF for 20-25 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with chocolate chips immediately after taking from oven. Spread chocolate chips as they melt.
5. Cool and cut into bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment