Thursday, April 15, 2010

Oven-Fried Chicken Italienne

I needed to use up some cream of mushroom soup, so I searched my recipe box until I found this recipe. It was designed for a fryer, but I used boneless breasts. I have to say that the chicken was dry, and the outside was too crunchy. I didn't overcook it, so I don't know what happened. Perhaps I didn't have enough of the soup between the crumbs and the chicken? Anyway, I will use the leftover chicken without the crust, and won't be keeping this recipe.

Oven-Fried Chicken Italienne

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4 c. milk
2 fryers, cut up
1 c. Italian-seasoned bread crumbs

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Dilute soup with milk.
3. Coat chicken pieces with this mixture and then roll in seasoned bread crumbs.
4. Bake in a shallow pan for 1 hour. Serves 5-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment