Thursday, April 15, 2010

Fluffy Rice and Chicken

I imagined this dish would turn out like one of my favorites that my mother made, I think it was called Chicken Supreme. She would make it for big parties in a huge pan. This was nowhere close to that dish. Again, I am realizing that I don't like certain "easy" cooking ingredients, like cream of mushroom soup. The rice wasn't cooked (probably because I forgot to cover the pan), even though I added extra milk to the soup because it seemed too thick. I am not a fan of mushrooms, so I spent half of the time picking out the mushrooms from the rice. The chicken was well-cooked, moist and the texture was good. However, overall I didn't like the taste of this dish. Someone who enjoys mushrooms might like this better.

Fluffy Rice and Chicken

10 1/2 oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup
3/4 soup can milk
3/4 c. uncooked white rice
4 oz. canned mushroom stem and pieces
1 envelope onion soup mix
2 chicken breasts, halved

1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Mix mushroom soup and milk, reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture.
3. Mix remaining soup mixture, rice, mushrooms (including liquid), and half of the onion soup mix. Pour into un-greased baking dish.
4. Place chicken breasts on top and pour reserved soup mixture over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with remaining onion soup mix.
5. Cover and bake 1 hour.
6. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment