Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chocolate Mocha Brownies

This is how the bar looked when I followed the directions. It tasted good, but didn't cook in the middle. I scooped out the uncooked part and baked it again and they came out perfectly!!

The thinner brownies were chewy and tasty. I have to say that I didn't taste the coffee as much as I had hoped, but I will add more next time. These would be wonderful with a scoop of ice cream. My advice is to bake the full recipe in a jelly-roll pan, we always called this a cookie sheet. Keep your eyes on it, as you may not need to bake them as long as this recipe calls for. I used Nestlé semi-sweet chocolate chunks and white chips.

Chocolate Mocha Brownies

1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 c. butter
2 T instant coffee
1 T hot water
2 eggs
2 T vanilla
2 c. flour
2 t, baking powder
1/2 t. salt
4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
4 oz. white chocolate, broken into small pieces

1. In a medium saucepan, melt sugar and butter over medium-low heat.
2. Dissolve coffee in hot water and stir into butter mixture. Cool to room temperature.
3. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Beat eggs and vanilla into butter mixture.
4. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir butter mixture into dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate chunks.
5. Pour batter into a greased 8" x 11" baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until light brown.
6. Cool in pan. Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares. Makes about 3 dozen brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment