Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Best Chicken Croquettes

I have tried several recipes for "croquettes" and I haven't been happy with any of them, although this is the best so far. Perhaps, like fudge, I don't actually like croquettes. The sauce was horrible, I now know I don't like the taste of cream of chicken soup. The croquettes were so oily tasting, but at least they didn't fall apart on me!! I won't be keeping this recipe, perhaps one of my other croquette recipe will be a success ...

Best Chicken Croquettes

10 3/4 oz. can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 c. finely chopped cooked chicken
1/4 c. fine dry bread crumbs
2 T finely chopped celery
1 T finely chopped onion
1/4 t. poultry seasoning
shortening
1/2 c. milk

1. To make croquettes, combine 1/3 c. soup, chicken, bread crumbs, celery, onion, and 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning. Mix well. Shape into 6 croquettes or patties (if mixture is difficult to handle, chill before shaping). Roll in additional bread crumbs.
2. In a skillet, brown croquettes in melted shortening.
3. Meanwhile, in saucepan, combine remaining soup, 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning, and milk. Heat, stirring occasionally. Serve with croquettes. Makes 3 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment