Saturday, August 1, 2009

San Gabriel Sauté Chicken

This is a recipe that I had tried before, and since it was still in my recipe box I must have liked it. This recipe originally came from a card in a pack of chicken. I had all the ingredients, so I thawed out a skinless boneless double chicken breast. This is definitely a keeper. I only ate one large fillet, so I hope that they will reheat well tomorrow. I cut the recipe in half, but needed additional bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. I had trouble getting the large portion of the chicken breast pounded down to 1/4", and ended up just cooking it at 1/2". It came out just fine.


San Gabriel Saute Chicken

2 pkgs. boneless skinless breast fillets
1/2 c. flour
1 egg, lightly beaten with 2 T water
1/4 c. seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
2 T olive oil
2 T butter

1. Pound chicken breasts to a thickness of 1/4-inch.
2. Place flour, egg, and crumb-mixture in separate shallow dishes. Keep dishes in that order.
3. Preheat oven to 200ºF.
4. Heat butter and oil together in large skillet over medium heat.
5. Dredge chicken in each dish, in the order they are laid out. Place chicken in skillet.
6. Cook chicken about 5 minutes on each side, until dark golden brown and crispy.
7. Keep chicken warm in the oven while cooking the remaining chicken. Add more butter if needed.
8. Garnish with sliced avocado and oranges, if desired. Serves 5-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment