Monday, August 3, 2009

Potatoes Anna

These were good potatoes, really basic, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I think I used too much butter, and even though the top was finished, the bottom was not crispy like the recipe called for. I will try and fry them tomorrow to get a more crispy version. I "thirded" the recipe and used the Yukon gold potatoes that I have left from that huge bag I bought a couple of weeks ago. I also did not peel the potatoes or use softened butter. I used the hard butter so that I could cut up the pieces to easily place them within the layers of potatoes. I would be careful when you turn the potatoes, the hot butter made it a bit dangerous!!


Potatoes Anna

9 medium potatoes
salt and pepper, to taste
3/4 c. softened butter

1. Peel potatoes and slice thinly, as for scalloping.
2. Place a layer of the potatoes in a large shallow dish or dishes (pie plates are fine). Season with salt and pepper and dot with butter. Continue layering, ending with butter.
3. Bake in a 425ºF oven until potatoes are tender when pierced with a cake-tester, about 40-45 minutes.
4. Turn upside-down to serve so that there is a good brown crust on top. Serves 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment