Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blueberry Coffee Cake

I had a ton of blueberry coffee cake recipes, but I narrowed them down to two. The ones that didn't have a crumb topping did not make the cut!! Here is the first one. It is good, I like the crispy outer edge better, so I am happy I baked it it two smaller pans. Definitely serve warm with butter!! Oh, I used half and half instead of milk, and butter instead of shortening.


Blueberry Coffee Cake

Cake:
3/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. shortening
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
2 c. sifted flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 pint blueberries

Topping:
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 c. dark brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. margarine, softened
1/3 c. flour

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Mix sugar and shortening, add egg and milk. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
3. Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until flour is incorprated.
4. Gently fold in the blueberries and pour into a greased 8" or 9" square baking dish.
5. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle over batter. Press down slightly to distribute the topping evenly.
6. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
7. Serve warm with butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment