Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Crunchy Almond Chicken Cutlets

This is definitely a keeper!! It was even good as a left-over, heated up in microwave and then in the oven for a crispy coating. I didn't have creamy Italian dressing, so I used Caesar dressing. I probably should have chopped the nuts more, but it was OK this way. Also, I didn't have any parsley, so I added a small amount of dried cilantro leaves. I cut the recipe down by 1/4 for two HUGE breast halves.


Crunchy Almond Chicken Cutlets

1 c. fresh bread crumbs
1 c. blanched slivered almonds, toasted and finely chopped
2 T chopped parsley
1/2 t. ground ginger
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
3 whole boneless chicken breasts, halved
1 c. creamy Italian dressing

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a pie dish, pour the dressing.
3. In another pie dish, combine bread crumbs, almonds, parsley, ginger, salt, and pepper.
4. Rinse the chicken breasts in hot water, and dry with paper towels.
5. Dip chicken in dressing, then bread crumb mixture, coating well. Place in large shallow baking pan.
6. Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes, or until done. Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment