Friday, August 28, 2009

PB and C Sandwiches


With the heat wave I was looking for a recipe that would not require heating up the oven or stovetop!! This hit the bill. It is nice and cool. Of course I had to use old-fashioned white bread, in fact I purchased a loaf of it just for this recipe!! I misread the recipe and made these open-faced, which explains why I had to eat them like tacos!!

PB and C Sandwiches

1/2 c. peanut butter
1 T honey
1/4 c. strawberry-flavored cream cheese
1 c. thinly sliced strawberries
8 slices of bread

1. In a small bowl stir together peanut butter and honey.
2. Add cream cheese and partially stir to create a marbled effect.
3. Spread the mixture on 4 slices of bread.
4. Top with strawberries and remaining slice of bread. Make 4 sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment