Friday, July 24, 2009

Scotch Tea Bars


I had two recipes that were very similar and so I decided to make each of them. The first one I liked the best, and will keep it. I always use dark brown sugar unless it calls for light brown sugar in the recipe. I quartered the original recipe and may have used the wrong size baking pan, but it came out OK. I also made the mistake of cutting the bars while it was still warm. Next time I will make it in the proper pan and wait until the bars are cool before I cut them!!


Scotch Tea Bars

1 c. butter
2 c. packed brown sugar
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
4 c. oats

1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar, stirring until blended.
2. Stir in baking powder and salt.
3. Add oats and stir thoroughly.
4. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
5. Bake at 350ºF for 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Cool on wire rack.
7. Cut into bars. Makes 4 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment