Sunday, July 26, 2009

London Broil


My paycheck ran out early this month, so I looked for a recipe that included ingredients I already had. Thus, London Broil. I was surprised to learn that "flank steak" seems to be the same as the "London Broil" cut of beef. This was a really simple recipe, also. I was thawing the steak, so I chose to marinade it while it defrosted instead of simply brushing on the seasoning. I have some steak leftovers that I will probably work into another recipe tomorrow night.


London Broil

1 1/2 lb. flank steak
1/4 c. Italian salad dressing
1 T dry white wine
freshly ground black pepper
salt

1. Wipe steak with a damp paper towel. With a sharp knife, score the steak 1/2-inch deep in a criss-cross pattern on both sides.
2. In a bowl, combine salad dressing and wine. Brush mixture over both sides of steak. Let stand for 15-20 minutes.
3. Place steak on rack in baking pan. Broil 2 inches from heat for 5 minutes on each side, or more if you desire more well-done steak.
4. With a knife in slanting position, cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment