Friday, July 24, 2009

Potato, Celery, and Nut Loaf

I needed to use up a couple of boiled potatoes, so I tried this recipe. I had all the ingredients on hand, so this was a good choice. I used some roasted salted almonds for the nuts, so I cut back on the salt in the recipe. I used margarine for the "fat" in the recipe, and for greasing the pan. The original recipe recommends that you serve this with tomato sauce, and I was going to use one of my leftover packets from my Boboli kit, but I forgot!! When I eat the rest of this later I will try it with the tomato sauce.


Potato, Celery, and Nut Loaf

3/4 c. diced celery
3/4 c. chopped nuts
3 c. mashed potatoes
3 T fat
1 egg, beaten
1 t. salt
1/8 t. paprika
2 t. grated onion

1. Cook celery until tender in small amount of boiling salted water.
2. Drain off liquid (this may be used for soup stock).
3. Add remaining ingredients in order listed.
4. Mix well, pack in greased loaf pan and bake at 350ºF for 35 minutes.
5. Serve with tomato sauce. Serves 6-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment