Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Marinated Flank Steak


First of all I apologize for the quality of the pictures. Somehow my camera got set to "landscape" setting and I didn't realize until the next day ...

My friends were camping and invited me to a BBQ dinner, so I found a marinade recipe that I could try on some tri-tip steaks I had in the freezer. Unfortunately, the steaks had been frozen and partially thawed so many times that even a good marinade like this one didn't help. The flavor of the marinade was great, and the steaks had a pinkish hue due to the fact that I chose to use the balsamic vinegar option. I will keep this marinade to try on a fresh flank steak like the recipe calls for the next time around!!


Marinated Flank Steak

1/2 c. malt vinegar or balsamic vinegar
1/4 c. olive oil
1/2 c. chopped red onion
1/4 t. pepper
1 flank steak (1 1/4 lb.)

1. Combine vinegar, olive oil, onion and pepper in a heavy plastic bag.
2. Score the steak in a diamond pattern on both sides. Add steak to marinade, expell extra air from bag, and seal the bag. Place in a pan. Let stand 30 minutes. Turn bag over and marinade another 30 minutes.
3. Remove steak from the marinade.
4. Place the baking pan so that the steak is 4-5 inches from the source of the heat.
5. Broil steak for about 5 minutes on each side, more if you don't want it to be rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment