Friday, August 13, 2010

Guacamole

This recipe was a bit different from the others I have tried. There was a ton of non-avocado ingredients, and I prefer more avocado. I liked the addition of the toasted pine nuts on the top, but prefer lime juice to lemon juice in guacamole. The use of coriander, which is the seed of cilantro, rather than cilantro was interesting, but I prefer the cilantro. I didn't have any yellow onion, so I used the white part of green onion instead. I won't keep this recipe, but will remember the pine nuts for the top when I make my own guacamole in the future.

Guacamole

1 large ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
1/2 c. minced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tomatoes,peeled, seeded, and chopped
2 T lemon juice
1/4 t. ground coriander
1/4 t. salt
1/4 c. finely chopped toasted pine nuts
pepper

1. Reserve 2 teaspoons tomato and pine nuts for garnish.
2. Combine remaining ingredients well.
3. Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.
4. Sprinkle tomato and pine nuts on top. Makes 2 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment