Friday, August 6, 2010

Guacamole

I went to the farmer's market in town yesterday and picked up some avocados and cilantro. I normally just wing it when I make my guacamole, but decided to try out one of my recipes instead. I didn't have any tomatoes, so I chose this recipe. I didn't use jalapeños, but substituted a couple drops of Tabasco sauce instead. I think I overdid it a bit on the lime, but this recipe was alright. I prefer using my regular technique of winging it, though, and decided not to keep this recipe.

Guacamole

2 ripe avocados
2-3 T freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
1 T finely chopped fresh cilantro
1 T finely chopped jalapeño pepper
1/2 t. finely minced garlic
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper

1. Halve the avocados, remove the pits and scoop the pulp into a bowl.
2. Add the lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mash coarsely with a fork.
3. Cover airtight with plastic wrap directly on surface and refrigerate up to 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment