Friday, August 13, 2010

Guacamole

I bought some fresh Roma tomatoes so I could try this guacamole recipe. I am not usually a tomato eater, but they added another textural dimension to the guacamole. As with the other recipes, though, I prefer my usual winging it technique. The blender technique didn't seem to make a big difference to the texture. I forgot the salt, but there was enough salt on the chips that it didn't make a difference either.

Guacamole

3 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
3 T fresh lime juice
1 t. finely minced garlic
1/2 c. diced and seeded tomatoes
2 T chopped cilantro leaves
salt, to taste

1. Place 1 avocado, the lime juice, and garlic in the blender and blend until smooth.
2. Coarsely mash the 2 remaining avocados in a bowl with a fork.
3. Add in the pureed avocado, diced tomatoes, and chopped cilantro; stir to combine.
4. Season with salt and refrigerate, covered, until time to use. Makes 2 1/4 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment