Sunday, August 8, 2010

Guacamole

I had another avocado so I thought I would try a different guacamole recipe. This one was unique because it called for green onions, sugar, and cumin, and no cilantro. I used some re-hydrated sundried tomatoes in place of the fresh tomato. Like the last recipe, this one was OK, but because I like to "wing it" when I make my guacamole I won't be keeping this recipe. This might be a good recipe for people who don't like cilantro.

Guacamole


2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted (save one pit)
2 T fresh-squeezed lime juice
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/3 c. thinly sliced green onions
1/8 t. ground cumin
1.8 t. sugar
1 ripe plum tomato
salt
pepper

1. Mash avocados with a fork.
2. Stir in lime juice and garlic until creamy.
3. Stir in onions, cumin, and tomato.
4. Salt and pepper to taste. Combine well.
5. Place pit in the center and cover tightly.
6. Remove pit before serving within 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment