Thursday, October 15, 2009

Lemon Rice

This rice was good, but I had it with my Lemon Chicken and the combination was too lemony. I did not use salt & pepper or rosemary. Also, I forgot to do step 3, which may have made a difference to the lemonyness. I preferred the creamy Lemon Rice I made last week, so this recipe did not make the cut. I am having to get ruthless and a recipe has to be fantastic to make my downsized recipe box!!

Lemon Rice

2 c. chicken broth
1 c. long-grain rice
2 T butter
1 t. grated lemon rind
2 T lemon juice
2 t. chopped parsley
salt and pepper
rosemary

1. In a saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil with butter. Add rice and return to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until all moisture is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
2. Stir in lemon rind, lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Add a sprinkling of rosemary, if used.
3. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment