Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Butter-Nut Crunch Toffee

Because I am a real toffee lover, I have so many recipes to try. This one didn't make the cut. It was not crispy enough. I don't know if that is because it didn't call for corn syrup or because it only got to 285 degrees. It tasted OK, but I liked the other one I made a couple of days ago better. This one was also a bit too salty.

Butter-Nut Crunch Toffee

1 c. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/4 c. water
1/2 c. butter
1 c. nuts, chopped fine
16 oz. package of semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted

1. Combine sugar, salt, water, and butter. Heat to boiling. Cook to light crack stage (285ºF) and stir in half of the nuts.
2. Pour on to a greased cookie sheet. Cool and spread the melted chocolate chips over the top. Sprinkle with the remaining nuts.
3. Cool and break into pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment