Monday, October 12, 2009

Lemon Rice

This rice was nice and tasty. It ended up being a bit sticky, and a bit too lemony. That could be because I let the rice boil over and it was done early. I couldn't remember if the lemon peel and juice I had in the fridge was from one lemon or a half-lemon. I suspect that it was a whole lemon and I had halved the recipe!! This is a keeper, although it didn't really go well with the chicken dish I prepared to go with it. I should have saved it for my Lemon Chicken that I am cooking tomorrow. Also, I cut the parsley down because I wasn't using fresh.

Lemon Rice

1 c. raw white rice
1 1/2 c. boiling water
1/8 t. salt
juice and peel of 1 lemon
1/4 c. butter
3/4 c. heavy cream, slightly warmed
2 T chopped parsley

1. Add rice to boiling water and season to taste with salt. Cook, covered, at medium for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Saute lemon peel in butter for about 3 minutes. Pour butter-lemon peel mixture through a strainer into the rice. Discard the lemon peel.
3. Gently toss in the lemon juice.
4. Add half of the cream, stirring gently. Add the rest of the cream, stirring to coat the grains of rice.
5. Garnish with parsley. Serves 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment