Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Noodle Salad

This recipe sounded unusual, perhaps something that you would bring to a pot luck. I liked the ingredients, but I don't think I would ever make this again. The salad tasted good, but just not my thing. One thing I didn't like was the big chunks of onion, I would have grated the onion to get the flavor but added another crunchy thing to compensate for the texture. Perhaps thin slices of iceberg lettuce, jicama, or water chestnuts?

Noodle Salad

1 package of vermicelli noodles
1 onion, diced
1/2 lb. cheddar cheese, shredded
1 pkg. frozen baby peas
1 pkg. sunflower seeds
1 1/2 c. mayonnaise
1 1/2 c. sour cream

1. Boil noodles, but only until firm soft.
2. Mix noodles with onions, cheese, frozen peas, and sunflower seeds.
3. Mix all together with mayonnaise and sour cream.
4. Put in refrigerator for about 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment