Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Deviled Eggs

I have never made deviled eggs, but I like to eat them. Since I am not a big mustard fan, I thought I would try this recipe, which doesn't have any prepared mustard in it. I liked these, but the flavor was not quite what I was hoping for. I will keep it until I find a better recipe. I like that this recipe called for dill pickle juice as an ingredient!!

Deviled Eggs

12 eggs, hard-cooked, peeled, and sliced in half lengthwise
4 T mayonnaise
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1 t. dry mustard
2 t. Worcestershire sauce
2 t. dill pickle juice
paprika for garnish

1. Remove yolks from eggs and move to a mixing bowl.
2. Mash yolks with a fork and add all ingredients except paprika.
3. Mix thoroughly and spoon into egg halves or load into a pastry bag and pipe into whites.
4. Sprinkle with paprika. Makes 24 deviled egg halves.

No comments:

Post a Comment