Monday, January 25, 2010

Potato Salad

This salad was ok, I will keep it because it is so different from the other one I tried. This recipe is really simple, no extra ingredients. I have a couple of other recipes to try and I may end up getting rid of this one if I find a better one.

Potato Salad

9 medium-sized potatoes (about 3 pounds)
2 large celery stalks, thinly sliced
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 c. milk
2 T white vinegar
1 T grated onion
2 t. salt
1 t. sugar
1/4 t. coarsely ground black pepper

1. At least 1 hour before serving, in a 4-quart saucepan over high heat, heat unpeeled potatoes and enough water to cover to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain potatoes and cool slightly. Peel and cut potatoes into 3/4-inch cubes.
2. In a large bowl, gently toss potatoes with celery and remaining ingredients. If not served right away, cover and refrigerate. Makes 8 side servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment