Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce

I have never made hollandaise sauce, and I liked this recipe. It was simple, but as you can see by the next photo it cannot be reheated!! I prepared the asparagus the way that Julia Child says the French do it. They peel the ends of the asparagus all the way up to where the tip starts. Be careful not too peel too deeply. She recommended using a paring knife and starting at the end. They boiled up nice and green, and I have found another vegetable that I can tolerate (at least with the sauce)!!


Hollandaise Sauce

1 stick of butter
3 egg yolks
1 T lemon juice
pinch cayenne pepper
dash salt

1. In a saucepan, heat butter until very hot but not browned.
2. While butter is heating, place egg yolks, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and salt into a blender.
3. Blend the contents of the blender until just blended.
4. Pour hot butter slowly into blender container while blender is running. Makes 3/4 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment