Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Chicken Alfredo Linguine

I have never made my own Alfredo sauce before, usually buying pre-made sauce or those little envelopes of powder!! I had some leftover chicken and some linguine in the fridge, so I thought this would be a good time to try out the Alfredo sauce. I made the white sauce from one recipe, and added some ingredients to make it Alfredo. I used half-and-half because that is what I had in my fridge. This is definitely a keeper recipe, although I am not sure how it will reheat later as leftovers.

Chicken Alfredo Linguine

1 T corn starch
1 c. cold milk
2 T butter
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 t. dried basil
1/4 t. garlic powder
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
9 oz. linguine, cooked according to package instructions

1. In a saucepan, gradually stir milk into corn starch.
2. Add butter, salt, and pepper.
3. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat.
4. Boil 1 minute.
5. Add Parmesan cheese, basil, and garlic powder.
6. Stir quickly until cheese melts and ingredients are evenly distributed.
7. Stir in chicken and linguine. Makes 2-3 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment