Sunday, January 10, 2010

Brandy Chicken

This was a nice recipe. I don't usually like wine in my cooking, but I used some apple brandy to flavor this dish and I liked the flavor. If I had to change anything, it would be to strain the liquid before I scraped the bottom of the pan, I didn't like the little pieces of onion in my gravy. I used light olive oil and too much butter (by accident), and ground marjoram. I also didn't add additional water when making the gravy because I think I added too much when the chicken was simmering. I also removed the chicken to the serving plate and covered with the lid of the skillet while I made the gravy.

Brandy Chicken

2 T butter
2 T vegetable oil
6 chicken breast halves, skinned
1 envelope (1 oz.) dry onion-mushroom soup mix
1 1/4 c. water
3/4 c. dried marjoram
1/2 c. water
1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. whipping cream
3 T brandy

1. Melt butter and oil in a large skillet on medium. Add chicken and brown slowly.
2. Combine soup mix, 1 1/4 cups water, and marjoram. Add to skillet. Cover and gently simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove chicken to heated serving platter and keep warm in oven.
4. Add 1/2 cup water to skillet and scrape up the brown bits. Mix flour, cream, and brandy. Blend into pan juices.
5. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Serve over chicken. Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment