Sunday, July 8, 2012

Very Ritzy Chicken


This dish was interesting, it worked out great for me because I had several ingredients that I needed to use up. I am off gluten, so I used some croutons I made out of gluten-free bread for the seasoned bread crumbs.  I had some shredded mozzarella cheese to use rather than the slices.  As usual for me, there wasn't enough of the sauce, I would have doubled it had I known before I started the recipe. The flavors were good, and I will keep this one, but double the sauce next time!!

Very Ritzy Chicken

3 whole chicken breasts (6 half-breasts), skinned and boned
2 eggs, lightly beatedn
1 c. seasoned bread crumbs
3 T olive oil
1 pint heavy cream
1 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
2 T parsley, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
6 slices mozzarella cheese

1. Dip chicken breasts into beaten eggs and coat with bread crumbs. 2. Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add coated chicken and brown lightly on both sides. Remove from pan and place in a greased 9" x 13" baking dish, topping each breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
3. Mix together remaining ingredients in a saucepan and cook until mixture gets hot and thickens. Pour over chicken and bake in a 350ยบ oven for 25 minutes.
4. This may be prepared a day or two in advance and refrigerated before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment