Saturday, July 21, 2012

Chicken Sesame Salad


This salad was good, but I didn't eat the green onions.  Next time I will slice them smaller so I will eat them.  I didn't add tomatoes because I don't like them, but there were some carrots in the salad mix I used.

Chicken Sesame Salad

3 c. cut-up cooked chicken
1/4 t. salt
1/4 c. sesame seed, toasted
1 medium head of iceberg lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
3 green onions (with tops), cut into 1 1/2-inch strips
2 medium tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
1 T sugar
2 T vinegar
1 T vegetable oil
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 t. crushed gingerroot or 1/8 t. ground ginger

1. Mix first 6 ingredients together in a bowl.  
2. In a separate bowl mix remaining ingredients together with a whisk.
3. Toss salad with dressing. Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment