Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chicken with Pesto Potatoes

I thought I would like this better than I did, this is not a keeper for me. I used a tube of concentrated pesto that I had in my cupboard for a while. I also used canned new potatoes instead of fresh because I had some leftover from the other day. My chicken breasts did not have skin, and I didn't use kosher salt. I always like pine nuts and pesto, but the raisins were a bit of a stretch for me.

Chicken with Pesto Potatoes

1 1/2 lb. small new potatoes
1 T kosher salt
4 boneless chicken breasts (about 6 oz. each), with skin
1/2 c. mayonnaise
8 T store-bought pesto
1/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 t. kosher salt
1/3 c. pine nuts, toasted
1/3 c. golden raisins

1. Place the potatoes and 1 T salt in a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle.
2. Heat oven to 400ºF. Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels, then place it in a baking dish lined with foil.
3. Whisk together mayonnaise and 2 Tablespoons pesto in a small bowl. Spread the mixture evenly over the top of each chicken breast. Bake until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
4. Leave the chicken in the oven and turn on broiler. Broil until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, peel and cut the potatoes into large chunks. Toss them with the pepper, 1/2 t. salt, and remaining pesto.
6. Sprinkle the chicken with the pine nuts and raisins and serve over the potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment