Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chinese Chicken

This is a weird recipe, probably from the late 1970s, I would guess. I will not be keeping it, but you may like the combination of ingredients. I substituted water chestnuts for mushrooms, and set aside only a quarter of the noodles for the topping. I also think that, in making the recipe smaller, I may have left out some of the soup. I definitely tasted the onions, and the noodles in the soup mixture were soggy. I just didn't like this dish, although I did eat it all ...


Chinese Chicken

2 c. cooked chicken, cut into small pieces
1/2 c. diced onion
1 c. chopped salted cashews
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 c. celery, diced
1 small can mushrooms
1 large can chow mein noodles

1. Mix all ingredients, reserving half the noodles.
2. Place mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle with remaining noodles.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment