Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fluffy Meat Loaf

It is raining cats and dogs so I thought I'd whip up some comfort food. This was the meatloaf of leftovers!! I had some ground veal and ground pork left over from my last meatloaf, I had some saltine crackers for the cracker crumbs, I had an onion that was almost "overdue", and some half-and-half to use up. I enjoyed this recipe, it wasn't as greasy as my grandmother's meatloaf recipe. I used three of my vintage half-loaf-pan sized refrigerator dishes, and the meat went almost to the top. I will have the leftovers from this meatloaf warmed up or in sandwiches for the rest of the week!!

Fluffy Meat Loaf

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. ground lean pork
2 c. cracker crumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 c. milk
4 T minced onion
2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/4 t. dry mustard
1/8 t. sage

1. Moosh all the ingredients together in a large bowl and press into one large loaf pan or 6 individual loaf pans.
2. Bake at 350ºF for 1 1/2 hours (large pan) or 45 minutes (small pans).

No comments:

Post a Comment