Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Chinatown Almond Chicken

I have decided not to keep this recipe, assuming I will find a better Almond Chicken recipe in my file box!! I didn't have any pea pods, so I used frozen peas instead, probably too many of them!! The fact that I don't prefer the taste of wine or soy sauce in general, the sauce was not the best part of this dish. The chunks of chicken were good, though, and the taste of almonds. I don't think I would use the whole almonds unless I didn't have slivered. I used peanut oil and it was yummy.

Chinatown Almond Chicken

1 1/2 lb. chicken breast, skinned, boned, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 t. ginger
2 t. sugar
1 T cornstarch
3 T water
3 T soy sauce
1/3 c. sherry
12 oz. Chinese pea pods, thawed
1/4 c. oil
1 c. whole almonds

1. In a bowl, mix ginger, sugar, and cornstarch.
2. Blend in water, soy sauce, and sherry.
3. In a wok, heat oil over medium heat. Add almonds, stir and cook about 3 minutes.
4. Add chicken and cook just until meat turns white.
5. Pour in sherry mixture and cook until sauce thickens.
6. Add pea pods and stir-fry until hot and glazed. Serve at once. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment