Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Orange Basil Marinated Chicken

I probably won't keep this recipe, it was basically marinating and boiling the chicken in an orange flavored sauce. I didn't notice until after I cooked up some rice that they want you to serve it cold. I saved one breast for leftover, perhaps it will be good cold in a salad? I don't think I would want to eat this just plain cold, though. I also had to wipe off the parsley and basil from the top before I ate it.

Orange Basil Marinated Chicken

4 whole chicken breasts, skinned and halved
1/4 c. orange juice
1/4 c.oil
2 T oil
2 T chopped fresh parsley
1/2 t. basil leaves
1/2 t. grated orange peel
1/4 to 1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper

1. Arrange chicken breast halves in an un-greased 13" x 9" non-metal baking dish.
2. In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
3. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
4. Heat oven to 375ºF.
5. Keeping the foil over the chicken, bake for 35 minutes.
6. Uncover the chicken and continue baking for 20-30 minutes, basting frequently until chicken is tender and no longer pink.
7. Drain and cool chicken. Wrap chicken tightly and refrigerate until serving time. Serve cold. Serves 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment