Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chocoladamias

These sounded good, but I didn't like them. I don't know if it was due to the fact that I used cashews instead of macadamias or that they didn't cook through, but I won't be keeping this recipe. I much prefer the taste of the blondies with chocolate chips that my grandmother made which were called Congo Bars and used brown sugar. I am going to go through my other blondies recipes and pull them out because I have realized that I already have the perfect blondies recipe!!

Chocoladamias

1/3 c. butter
1/2 c. white baking pieces
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
1 c. flour
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. chopped macadamia nuts
1/2 c. milk chocolate pieces

1. Grease a 9" x 9" baking pan and line the bottom and sides with waxed paper. Grease the waxed paper.
2. In a small saucepan cook and stir butter and white baking pieces over low heat until melted, mixture may separate. Set aside.
3. In a small mixer bowl beat eggs. Gradually add sugar, beating until light. Add butter mixture and vanilla. Add flour and salt, mixing well. Stir in nuts and chocolate pieces. Turn into prepared pan.
4. Bake in a 325ºF oven for 35 minutes or until top is golden.
5. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Loosen edges and invert. Remove waxed paper and invert again. Cut into bars. Makes 36 bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment