Monday, May 3, 2010

Tuna Timbales


This recipe was from my past, but I didn't like it as much as I remembered. I ended up with only two small timbales when I halved the recipe, probably because some of my rice stuck to the bottom of the pan when I cooked it. I just don't like the taste of cream of mushroom soup any more, and the reason I don't eat fish is that I don't care for the taste of it either!! I used cheddar cheese instead of American cheese. I am going to keep this recipe, simply because it is a classic from my youth.

Tuna Timbales

3/4 c. raw rice, cooked
6 1/2 oz can of chunk style tuna
3 T grated onion
dash of Tabasco sauce
10 1/2 oz. can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 c. milk
1 c. grated American cheese

1. Cook rice according to directions on the package.
2. Break tuna into small pieces. Stir in onion, cooked rice, and Tabasco sauce.
3. Pack a liberal 1/2-cup of mixture into a wet custard cup. Unmold into a greased shallow baking dish.
4. Combine milk and soup. Pour over timbales. Sprinkle cheese on top.
5. Bake at 350ºF for 30-35 minutes. Makes 6.


No comments:

Post a Comment