Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Turkey



Here is my Thanksgiving Turkey. 10.5 pounds, 3.5 hours at 325ºF, stuffed. The bird was stuffed with Mrs. Cubbison's whole grain stuffing (too healthy, I won't use this one again) and was basted with butter and poultry seasoning. I tented it with a piece of foil for three hours and then removed it for the last half hour. I made gravy with the drippings, but used too much flour and had to thin it down with water. The turkey was moist and had good flavor.

Two things I did differently from previous years was to create the stock using a crock pot overnight and using a cheesecloth bag for the stuffing in the bird. I would do both again, the crock pot had water, onions, celery, seasoning, and the giblets for 3 hours on high and about 6 more on low. That is the stuffing bag peeking out of the bird!!

No comments:

Post a Comment