Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Wessonality Fried Chicken

So I got a hankerin' for some fried chicken and checked out my recipe file for some that don't include dairy (I am off dairy for the time being to see if I have an allergy). This recipe was Carol Brady's favorite so I thought I would start here!! I used peanut oil because that is what I had!! I won't use full breast pieces in the future because they didn't cook in the center. I will cut up the chicken into "strips" for future recipes. This recipe was SO bland!! I will not be keeping it.

Wessonality Fried Chicken

3/4 c. flour
1 1/2 t. salt
3/4 t. paprika
1/4 t. pepper
3 lb. chicken pieces
1 egg
2 T water
3 c. oil

1. Combine flour, salt, paprika, and pepper in a bag.
2. Shake chicken pieces, a few at a time, in the bag.
3. Beat egg with water. Dip chicken in egg mixture.
4. Shake chicken in flour mixture again.
5. Heat oil to 375ยบ in a skillet for 20 to 30 minutes, turning once. Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment