Monday, June 20, 2011

Egg Rolls

I had bought some egg roll wrappers and decided to try out the recipe on the back of the packet. These were pretty good, and I will keep this recipe until I find a better one. I made the whole packet and froze half of them. I used peanut oil and baby bok choy, and a bit more than a pound of the pork. It is hard to do deep frying unless you have a deep fryer, I feel like I waste the oil or it spoils. Also, my egg rolls looked more like little burritos than the little egg rolls you get in restaurants!!

Egg Rolls

1 package of egg roll wraps
1 lb. lean ground pork
1 t. minced ginger
2 c. cabbage, finely chopped
1/4 lb. bean sprouts
1/2 c. carrot, shredded
3 green onions, finely chopped
2 T oyster sauce
oil for frying
sauce for dipping

1. Stir-fry meat and ginger in skillet over high heat until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes.
2. Add cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, and green onions, cook 2 minutes.
3. Stir in oyster sauce and let mixture cool.
4. Use 2 Tablespoons filling for each egg roll. Fold bottom corner over filling, then fold in side corners. Brush top corner with water and roll up wrap tightly to enclose filling, sealing roll with top flap.
5. Fry in a 350º skillet, flap down a few at a time, turning when golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
6. Or, bake in 400º oven, place rolls on greased cookie sheet, lightly brush tops with olive oil and bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment